Royal Canadian Launches First Numismatic Catalogue of 2015Back to Listing
50th anniversary of the Canadian flag featured on 2015 Silver Dollar
Ottawa, Ontario, January 13, 2015 – The Royal Canadian Mint is once again featuring a broad range of themes on a new offering of collector coins. Its annual Silver Dollar, available in both Proof and Brilliant Uncirculated finishes, celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Canadian Flag for 2015. A strikingly coloured version of this new silver dollar complements the 2015 Fine Silver Dollar Proof Set while a 50-cent pure gold coin also supports this milestone anniversary.
Other products include:
• 2015 $10 and $20 fine silver coins, respectively designed by Joel Kimmel and William Lazos,
as well as a Glen Green-designed $100 14 KT gold coin celebrating the 200th birthday of
Sir John A. Macdonald;
• The 2015 $200 Pure Gold Coin: Great Canadian Explorers – Henry Hudson
(# 4 in the series), designed by Laurie McGaw;
• 2015 $20 fine silver and $50 pure gold coins celebrating UNESCO At Home & Abroad:
Mount Fuji & The Canadian Rockies, designed by Trevor Tennant;
• The 2015 $15 Fine Silver Coin Exploring Canada: The Wild Rivers Exploration
(# 7 in the series), designed by John Mantha;
• The 2015 $25 Fine Silver Coin Star Charts: The Great Ascent (# 2 in the series),
designed by Cyril Assiniboine;
• The 2015 Specimen Set featuring the Blue Jay, illustrated by Edward Spera;
• The 2015 Uncirculated Set;
• The 2015 Gift Sets, returning with the themes of "Baby", "O Canada", Wedding" and "Birthday"; and
• The $10 Fine Silver Coin - Born in 2015.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the "Shop" tab of www.mint.ca.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Communications
Tel: (613) 949-5777