What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The War of 1812 was a fundamental turning point in Canada’s history, a struggle from which some of Canada’s earliest unifying moments emerged. These stories - including that of the Leda-class frigate, HMS Shannon - have become important chapters in the narrative of Canada.
An ideal gift for someone you know interested in Canadian naval history!
• While supplies last! Purchase limit of 3 per customer!
• You receive five commemorative $2 coins for $10!
• In an original design, the image covers the entire coin.
• First commemorative coin to incorporate the Mint’s new security features.
• Includes Government of Canada’s 1812 logo.
• Depicts HMS Shannon’s figurehead.
• Your coin features Canadian artist Bonnie Ross’ depiction of HMS Shannon - rendered in elaborate detail - leaving the Halifax harbor during the War of 1812. Also includes the text “The War of 1812/La guerre de 1812” and “HMS Shannon.”
Created to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812, this unique coin is part of a larger collection celebrating the heroes and events of the War of 1812 - a formative event in Canadian history.
Order yours today!