What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Approx. $7.97 US
This product is only available in Canada.
We're sorry, this product is now out of stock. Please use our Dealer Locator to find one nearest you.
3 per household
There is a purchase limit of 3 coins per household.
The War of 1812 was a fundamental turning point in Canada’s history, a struggle from which some of Canada’s earliest unifying moments emerged. These stories - including that of the Leda-class frigate, HMS Shannon - have become important chapters in the narrative of Canada.
An ideal gift for someone you know interested in Canadian naval history!
• While supplies last! Purchase limit of 3 per customer!
• You receive five commemorative $2 coins for $10!
• In an original design, the image covers the entire coin.
• First commemorative coin to incorporate the Mint’s new security features.
• Includes Government of Canada’s 1812 logo.
• Depicts HMS Shannon’s figurehead.
• Your coin features Canadian artist Bonnie Ross’ depiction of HMS Shannon - rendered in elaborate detail - leaving the Halifax harbor during the War of 1812. Also includes the text “The War of 1812/La guerre de 1812” and “HMS Shannon.”
Created to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812, this unique coin is part of a larger collection celebrating the heroes and events of the War of 1812 - a formative event in Canadian history.
Order yours today!
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed or your money back. Shop with confidence knowing that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it to us in its original packaging within 30 days and we will gladly offer you a replacement (subject to product availability) or send you a full refund.