What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
In 2012, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Loonie - the iconic Canadian one-dollar coin bearing the image of the common loon. Own a piece of finely crafted history that you will admire and appreciate for years to come!
• A FIRST! A soft matte finish is applied to the entire field of your coin.
• NEW! Coin designed by Robert-Ralph Carmichael, the artist who designed the first Loonie coin.
• NEW! Depicts two loons instead of the usual one loon found on the circulation coin.
• Crafted in fine silver (99.99% pure) using the familiar 11-sided circulation loonie design.
• GST/HST exempt.
• Limited mintage of only 15,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin features two common loons as they swim past the number "25;" one reflecting on the loonie’s past, the other looking towards its future. Embossed with the dates "1987–2012" to commemorate the Loonie’s 25th anniversary.
• Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized sleeve for the 25th anniversary of the Loonie.
Celebrate the Loonie’s 25th anniversary in fine silver with a unique soft matte finish.
Order yours today!