1/2 Kilogram Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Horse – Mintage: 1,000 (2015)
Canada and US only
STORE AVAILABILITY:Low stock in store | Check Stock
Previous 1/2 kilogram coin sold out, hurry and order yours today!The year 2015 marks the 350th anniversary of the introduction of the Canadian horse. Robust, resilient, and good natured, the petit cheval de fer—the "little iron horse," as it became known in its native Quebec—has survived near extinction to emerge as one of Canada's official national symbols. The Royal Canadian Mint proudly celebrates the anniversary of its introduction with a unique half-kilogram coin of 99.99% pure silver.
An ideal coin for someone with a passion for horses. Previous 1/2 kilogram silver coin sold out, so order yours today before they're all gone!
• UNIQUE: This proof-quality 99.99% pure silver coin is only the second coin ever minted on the Royal Canadian Mint's unique new 85-millimetre blank.
• The coin's exceptionally large diameter allows for an intricately detailed reverse design to highlight the celebrated beauty of the Canadian horse.
• Celebrate the emergence of the stunning breed that helped build the nation of Canada and survived near-extinction to emerge as one of Canada's proud national symbols.
• Some historians contend that it was the Canadian horse that gave the North a cavalry advantage in the American Civil War.
• A very low mintage of only 1,000 and highly desirable subject matter mean that this coin is sure to be sought after by collectors.
• This beautiful coin is packaged in a sleek black beauty box within a fine wooden case.
• Crafted in 99.99% pure silver, your coin is also GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Canadian artist Michelle Grant, your coin features a portrait of three Canadian horses bounding through a cascade of maple leaves. In the centre of the image, a stallion leaps toward the viewer across a grassy field. A cascade of maple leaves spin clockwise, like the hands of time, around him. Two other Canadian horses race toward him in the left background. The leaves are engraved in multiple textures to underscore the diverse history of the Little Iron Horse that is so intertwined with the development of Canada.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded wooden box with a standard beauty box.
Order your coin today!
- Composition99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g) 500
- Diameter (mm) 85.35
- Face value125 dollars
- ArtistMichelle Grant (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)