Lucky Four-Leaf Clover – 1 oz Silver Coin with Green Enamel (2016)
Celebrate the luck of the Irish with this beautiful coin! Order today!
There may only be a one in 10,000 chance of finding a four-leaf clover in an emerald field of shamrock, but with this beautiful enamel coin, the luck of the Irish is never far away. It's the first time the Mint has issued a coin with a lucky clover design.
Bring a little luck to your collection and order your coin today!
- A FIRST! This is the first time a four-leaf clover has been featured on a Royal Canadian Mint coin!
- 99.99% PURE SILVER!
- A VALUED KEEPSAKE! The striking design transforms this coin into a valued keepsake that can be lovingly passed from one generation to another, as a celebration of family and shared cultural heritage.
- Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Canadian artist Lilyane Coulombe, your coin features a four-leaf clover with translucent green enamel that beautifully emphasizes its iconic shape.
- Clovers can have more than three or four leaves, but some consider anything more than four to be unlucky.
- It is thought that each leaf of a four-leaf clover symbolizes "faith," "hope," "love" and "luck."
- Finding a four-leaf clover in a sea of near-identical clovers is in itself a stroke of luck when you consider that only one in 10,000 will have four leaves!
- The clover is as "Irish" as Saint Patrick himself, right? Well…Ireland's patron saint originally hailed from Roman Britain; Irish pirates held him captive as a young man for six years before his release, but he later returned to the Emerald Isle where he served as a missionary and became a beloved, iconic figure!
Green and usually three-leafed, the clover that famously gives the Irish landscape its deep emerald colour is known the world over as the shamrock, and it is easily the most recognizable emblem of Ireland and its people! It is said that Saint Patrick, the fifth-century saint whose death is commemorated each year on March 17, famously used the clover's three leaves to illustrate the Christian principle of the Holy Trinity. But many are likely to associate this little green plant with the legendary four-leaf variety, which is a centuries-old symbol for luck that is widely considered to be an omen of good things to come. So if you happen upon a four-leaf clover, don't cast it aside—you never know what luck it may bring!
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
- Composition99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Face value20 dollars
- ArtistLilyane Coulombe (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)