1 oz. Fine Silver 4-Coin Subscription - The Canadian Home Front - Mintage: 7,500 (2015)
Canada and US only
STORE AVAILABILITY: Awaiting stock in store | Check Stock
Will be popular, subscribe today!The first coin in your Canadian Home Front 4-coin subscription is the Transcontinental Railroad, which highlights the war effort on the Canadian home front across the country. This fine silver coin proudly commemorates the important role played by Canada's railway systems during the First World War. Exceptionally detailed engraving and beautiful finishes come together in this intricate design that features a 4-6-2 "Pacific" steam locomotive pulling passenger cars filled with Canadian soldiers.
An ideal subscription for someone you know who loves trains and the Canadian war effort in WWI! Order your four-coin subscription today!
• Subscribe today and then relax knowing that you will receive all four coins, one per quarter! Coins in your subscription include:
• Transcontinental Railroad
• Canada's First Submarines
• British Commonwealth Air Training Program
• The Canadian Home Front: Patrol Against U-boats
• EFFIGIES OF KINGS: Your first two coins feature the effigy of King George V; your last two coins feature the effigy of King George VI.
• Each coin in your subscription features a beautifully engraved map element to provide geographical context to the theme of the coin.
• A striking collectible for commemorators, and an impressive addition to any Canadian history-themed collection.
• Your coins are GST/HST exempt.
First coin design:
Your first coin in the subscription features stunning finishes and expertly detailed engraving in a proud celebration of Canada's railways and their involvement in Canada's war effort. Seemingly leading with its smokebox and pilot, a 4-6-2 "Pacific" steam locomotive becomes the central focal point as it moves along its rails and appears to emerge towards the viewer, which adds dimension to this intricate design. Behind the locomotive are a series of passenger cars filled with Canadian soldiers; this "troop train" is transporting Canadian soldiers to the training camp at Valcartier, Quebec, as part of their journey to the battlefields of Europe. In the background, an engraved map of eastern Canada highlights the railway lines that would have been used as part of this journey: those of the Grand Trunk Railway and part of the National Transcontinental Railway, which served as vital links between Canada's large cities (highlighted by dots) and the ports along Canada's East Coast.
Your coins are encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a custom beauty box.
Order your subscription today!