1 oz. Pure Gold Coin - Maple Leaf Reflection - Mintage: 350 (2015)
A FIRST! Unique combination of traditional and micro engraving with laser frosting techniques. You must hold it in your hand to truly appreciate this gorgeous design! Order yours today!From coast to coast, Canada's natural landscape offers up endless possibilities where one can find beauty and tranquility—even in the smallest of movements. In a moment that could be easily taken for granted during a hike through Canada's many forests, this stunning coin poignantly captures a peaceful sight featuring the much-loved maple leaf.
The small moment of breathtaking beauty depicted here speaks of the tranquility found in Canada's great outdoors. The timeless scene depicted on this coin is a moment that could be easily overlooked while surrounded by the grandeur of the forest; but the leaf's graceful descent reminds us that Mother Nature marks the passage of time in her own unhurried way.
To truly appreciate this pure gold design, you must hold it in your hand and move it so that the light catches all the details! A truly breathtaking coin design! Order yours today before they're all gone!
• LOW MINTAGE: Gorgeous new design with unique finishes and engraving techniques combined with a low mintage will make this a much sought after coin!
• A FIRST! The micro engraved leaf and laser frosted text are reflected in the water, marking the first time that a design has combined traditional and micro engraving with the addition of laser frosting techniques in such a unique and innovative way.
• A FIRST! Micro engraved detail showcases Canada's beloved symbol, the maple leaf, in a remarkable design that captures a tranquil moment in a scene that can be appreciated from coast to coast.
• The soft rippling of the water's surface adds remarkable movement and dimension to the design.
• A timeless gift for art appreciators and nature lovers, as well as those who find inspiration in the natural world.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
About the Design:
Designed by Canadian artist Lilyane Coulombe, your coin features a natural scene with timeless appeal: here, a single maple leaf has fluttered down from a branch above onto the still waters below it. Canada's beloved symbol is showcased in stunning detail thanks to finely detailed engraving that recreates the veins which run along its lobes. Gently piercing the water's mirror-like surface, the tip of the leaf's lobe has set off a wave of soft ripples; and yet the leaf's micro-engraved reflection remains, bouncing with the water's movement in a serene moment that would be all too brief—had it not been forever suspended in time with this coin.
Did you know?
• There are more than 150 different species of maple trees in the world; of the 13 species found in North America, 10 are native to Canada.
• While the maple leaf flag celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2015, the maple tree was only officially recognised as Canada's national tree in 1996.
• The largest of Canada's maple species is the bigleaf maple (Acer macrophyllum) a tree which is found in the southwest area of coastal British Columbia and Vancouver Island.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!